Skip to main content

Friends, Trips, and Elusive Spring....


The other weekend I took a road trip w/ a van full of the youth to Orlando...There is this Haitian guy, Hendrick, who has gone to Barnwell almost as long as I can remember...And he found himself a wife down there...! Anyway, the 12 of us that went in our load were either serving or helping in the kitchen or in the bridal party. We were pretty sure we were bringing the wedding! haha! :-) So we left around 8 Friday morning after I had milked...after a fairly uneventful trip we got there around 2:30...Rehearsal was 'supposed' to start at 3 is what we had been told....I think in reality it didn't start till 5 or 6....so yes, we did a lot of sitting around and waiting....I think if I didn't learn anything else last weekend I did learn that there really is no need for clocks...stuff will get dun...might not be on time but it'll still get done! :-) Some of us girls kinda got tired of sitting around and I was getting tired cause it had been a long day since i'd gotten up to milk and felt the need to move....so we decided to go exploring...we started out by looking for a park that we'd seen coming into town...we found it...but it was an art park....and appeared to look like you had to pay....so....we decided to go see if we could find something else to do...after aimlessly driving around a while we found a TJ Maxx...(w/ the GPS). After the TJ Maxx it was time to head back for supper. Supper was Pork BBQ and Rice and Hash...but our load ate on the road.....as we were meeting some other friends from here at Ripley's Believe it or Not! And it was getting lateish...our poor driver opted to skip....hope he didn't get too hungry... after Ripley's we dropped Avery off at his motel w/ his parents and went to drop Todd and Emily off at the church so that they could go to where they were staying w/ the bridal party...well, ended up that we all went to their motel cause the vehicle they were in was not big enough for all who were going! It took us about an hour to get there w/ a lot of turn arounds and close calls...we were glad for Carmen who was used to Nicaragua driving as the person ahead was from Haiti! :-) To say the least it was an interesting day and finally around midnight we made it to our beds in our motel...20 hours awake? Exhausting...
 
The next day was a little more timely but still not how we were used to...but I think we were learning to go with the flow and not get up tight about it so much... We ended up missing the actually marriage ceremony but we had to get back to the reception hall...which actually was a ballroom. And when we got back to the ballroom we discovered that they were just then setting up.......... so we helped and about 3 hours after the set up started it was finish! We tied sashes on the chair backs...we put sashes on tables...we set the tables with glass dishes and real silverware and one champagne glass (for sparkling apple cider that we didn't have) and a tea goblet...oh and real napkins too...something we have never done before...but we were stretched. and it was a learning experience.
 
Our load left as soon after we got cleaned up after the wedding as we could. with 3 less people! we could spread out! yay! and do to lack of sleep and crazy people we laughed pretty much the whole way home....5 hours...well, at least the last 2 or 3 for sure!
 
It was a good weekend....just WAY too short! I was wishing we could have stayed a little while longer...but that's ok too...someday!
 
Someday I will....
 
~go to EPCOT again...
~Get to England....
~Spend a summer in Idaho...
~Spend some time in Thailand...
~Take a road trip and see friends and cousins around the states...(maybe not)
 
But today I will...
 
~think about ways of adding to my signs..so I don't have to work at the shop....
~work at the shop cause somehow I've gotta pay those continual bills...
~finish those birdhouses that shoulda had done 4 weeks ago...
~make some signs...I just remembered this morning that I have 4 signs on order that had slipped my mind! oops!
~And keep dreaming!
 
Spring is trying to come....the grass actually it pretty much completely green at my house....and it's not winter grass...so it's really something that it's green...the trees are getting leaves on them...and the Bradford pears are blooming...but...it was 38 this morning with a real feel of 27! and the last 2 days it rained....shivers... and dad ran out of oil to heat the shop with so it's cold out here! My garden is coming up nicely...and the strawberries are blooming...Saturday was NICE very very nice! I spent most of the day out transplanting some Sweet William dyanthis plants that came up as volunteers from last year...and after milking I swept and washed my car...not that it did much good...it's filthy again! ugh! and only 3 days later...but hey! the Sw. Williams are doing wonderfully...all that rain and I didn't have to water them much! Yesterday the cows were grouchy...I think I got that way too...after a while....then I went to Floyd's for a few and was revived a little! I should just visit people more often! It give a person a boost some how...
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ponderings...

Some times i wonder....why do i even blog? do ppl even read it? but then i wonder am i selfishly wanting ppl to notice? do they have to comment? I rarely comment on other's posts...so why should they comment on mine? I do try to comment all the time! but for some reason since my computer is so slow....the internet anyway...it tells me i'm not allowed to....so even if you don't see a comment from me know that i wanted to! and maybe that's everybody elses problem! the same one i have! their internet's being snotty! ha! ;) I love to read all the blogs i do read and wish like crazy that i could comment! so here a some comments i've thought about recently.... Amy...I loved your Christmas blog! and i know ya'll might get tired of me saying this...but it almost brought tears to my eyes...thinking as how we miss out on that kinda stuff here in South Carolina.....since everybody else...or a bunch of everybody else is way out there! But thanks for the pictures and all...

Hello to all....

I'm sitting in northern Wisconsin at my aunt's house figuring out how to use this! wow! i shoulda just started pushing buttons before....that's what she had me do! pushing buttons is what i do best when it comes to computers! ;-) cause that's what your do right?! This wireless internet is really nice...i'm going to have to get use to my slow phone at home again in about a week...I am supposed to fly home next monday....if the weather isn't bad...the weather has been lovely! I have been enjoying the crispness of the northern air! I will have to learn to endure the muggy wet of the south...i did it last year to i'll survive again! School teaching is something I love! i forgot how much i loved it until about 3 weeks ago when i began teaching again as a substitute teacher here at Northwoods...It was a little strange at first being in a new school and stuff but i soon got used to it and am loving it! now to get enough sleep to be able to function properly! :-) I ...

i Think it's time...

To go on a trip! I was thinking that i needed to get out my suitcase to pack to go on the camping trip and all of a sudden realized how odd it felt to be getting it out....and thinking back to camping trips before how it didn't feel so odd to get packed up....well, i suppose that means i've been working too much and not going places anymore! ha ha! This summer i may get a few excursions in here and there...but not sure yet if i will or not.....i am going to LA for 10 days, but there are a few other places to go too..... i mean i need to put my suitcases to use right?! :-) it's definitely time! ha ha! in other news...this weekend is the end of school....graduation....etc! I have to milk this evening because one of the sons of the guy I milk for is graduating....and the mama usually milks and she wondered if i would for her...i get the next 3 days off...so i'm milking tonight... I have 2 more weeks at the store...and 3 weeks till i go to LA... In the mean time there is GA...