Skip to main content

It's not about the Calories

You know when you put fuel into your car, how you make sure that you are at the proper pump? Cause if you get the wrong kind of fuel bad things happen and it costs a ton of money...believe me...I work at a place where we've had a few diesels come in with gas in the tank. In the same way our bodies actually NEED certain things to function properly and there are other things that can actually cause problems. We need fibers, protein, different minerals, and vitamins to function smoothly.

If you don't want to learn about random 'health food' things i've been learning you might wanna just stop now...I won't be offended! ;-)

I didn't mean to get all 'healthy' and stuff...but having had the experience that I have it's kinda evolved into making me a health nut...yeah i do eat them too! hah! And trust me I am completely aware that my story isn't any more special then yours...or anybody else... I've always been the first one to say....oh just use moderation and make sure your portions of food are right and you'll be fine...I've been among the most skeptical of the health food doubters...I inwardly and probably outwardly some scoffed the idea...all the while wanting to know more but not getting the idea or understanding the why.

For years the struggle weight wise has been real, i absolutely couldn't get it to budge...if anything it crept up and up... :-/ so in my heart I think I knew that the portion thing was completely bonkers...I was to the point that I didn't eat much at all. Yeah, when I went to mom's or carry in's I would get a little carried away but those were the days when there was actually a variety of food rather then just making some thing on Saturday and eating at it all week...it really was the pits. SOOOO, when the 'Dr' suggested this 'lifestyle change' I guess i was ready for it...I wonder sometimes if there could have been a better time for it...?

I had begun to fall back on easy stuff and the veggie department was lacking...yes, i knew i needed to eat my veggies cause mom always said so...but what i didn't know was that the other things i was eating was killing my metabolism and ultimately killing the inside of me in a way. I honestly don't even know anymore what I ate most days...probably a lot of quesadillas and sandwiches and cheese ball and crackers...now all of that sounds clogging! It's interesting how tastes and preferences change!

Why do i say it's not about the calories?

Well, come to find out from experience in having it actually happen, Sugar eliminated lets the other foods to their proper jobs! Sugar hinders the veggies and proteins from getting where they actually need to be...putting them instead into places that we don't want them! Regular white refined sugar that we all use regular has NO nutritional value to our bodies and in fact hinders the functioning process causing things like obesity, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, and multiple other diseases. If the problem were only Sugar it probably wouldn't as big of a problem...but sugar is hidden many places. Enriched wheat flour, Rice flour, high fructose corn syrup, cornmeal, anything wheat and corn and rice basically actually unless it's the whole grain...fruit juices....plus all the manufactured and artificial sweetener stuff...There are some that aren't a problem but it's few and far between. All of that stuff turns to sugar in our bodies and because it's easy to deal with the digestive system takes it and then stores the rest of it as fat....therefore, obesity, high cholestral, fatty liver.....what have you...and there's something to do with forming insulin and that our bodies really don't know how to deal with that much... So if you wonder WHY I say that sugar is killing us....well, there you have it...Yes, i read this and heard podcasts on this. No, I haven't done the scientific studies...and no, I'm not a doctor.

So, It's not about the calories! it's about the sugars...:-/

In the last 6 months I've been able to think clearer...before I felt somewhat like i was floating thru life just trying to keep my nose above the water...Now I have the energy and what i need to be a little more on top of things...Which is actually somewhat resulting in making myself more things and projects to do! Which does make it busy still! hah!

 I've been listening to some podcasts on Business and different ways of eating...I've processing up to 6 at the moment i think...in the eating ones i would expect to hear about what to eat and what not to eat...but in every one of the business ones they have an episode on eating...and in every one they talked about some very successful people who went the Sugar Free/clean eating route. The producer talks about how after they heard about it decided to try it and it has made such a difference in their lives as well. Well, I don't mark my success by what I'm eating or how much money I've made but it DOES make a difference! It's just intriguing to my brain how the 2 seem to go hand in hand. And having had experience with it myself i'm a believer! Sorry, to you skeptics...I'm a traitor i reckon...but I don't regret a minute of it!

I honestly feel like this didn't come out where i needed it to in my head but all the rambles of the last 2 weeks just all came tumbling out in a mish mash of spew! ;-) I hope it makes sense to somebody...I just needed to get it out for some struggling soul to see...It's my experience...i don't know if it'll be yours but I don't think it would hurt anybody to experiment with it...after all that's what i'm doing...Experimenting and Educating myself cause i love to understand how it all works! :-) And one of the most fun things is coming up with food that's chock full of protein and good stuff and not fluff! or Glue (paper mache) as one person put it!;-)

Once again if you made it this far, yay!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ponderings...

Some times i wonder....why do i even blog? do ppl even read it? but then i wonder am i selfishly wanting ppl to notice? do they have to comment? I rarely comment on other's posts...so why should they comment on mine? I do try to comment all the time! but for some reason since my computer is so slow....the internet anyway...it tells me i'm not allowed to....so even if you don't see a comment from me know that i wanted to! and maybe that's everybody elses problem! the same one i have! their internet's being snotty! ha! ;) I love to read all the blogs i do read and wish like crazy that i could comment! so here a some comments i've thought about recently.... Amy...I loved your Christmas blog! and i know ya'll might get tired of me saying this...but it almost brought tears to my eyes...thinking as how we miss out on that kinda stuff here in South Carolina.....since everybody else...or a bunch of everybody else is way out there! But thanks for the pictures and all...

Hello to all....

I'm sitting in northern Wisconsin at my aunt's house figuring out how to use this! wow! i shoulda just started pushing buttons before....that's what she had me do! pushing buttons is what i do best when it comes to computers! ;-) cause that's what your do right?! This wireless internet is really nice...i'm going to have to get use to my slow phone at home again in about a week...I am supposed to fly home next monday....if the weather isn't bad...the weather has been lovely! I have been enjoying the crispness of the northern air! I will have to learn to endure the muggy wet of the south...i did it last year to i'll survive again! School teaching is something I love! i forgot how much i loved it until about 3 weeks ago when i began teaching again as a substitute teacher here at Northwoods...It was a little strange at first being in a new school and stuff but i soon got used to it and am loving it! now to get enough sleep to be able to function properly! :-) I ...

i Think it's time...

To go on a trip! I was thinking that i needed to get out my suitcase to pack to go on the camping trip and all of a sudden realized how odd it felt to be getting it out....and thinking back to camping trips before how it didn't feel so odd to get packed up....well, i suppose that means i've been working too much and not going places anymore! ha ha! This summer i may get a few excursions in here and there...but not sure yet if i will or not.....i am going to LA for 10 days, but there are a few other places to go too..... i mean i need to put my suitcases to use right?! :-) it's definitely time! ha ha! in other news...this weekend is the end of school....graduation....etc! I have to milk this evening because one of the sons of the guy I milk for is graduating....and the mama usually milks and she wondered if i would for her...i get the next 3 days off...so i'm milking tonight... I have 2 more weeks at the store...and 3 weeks till i go to LA... In the mean time there is GA...